Safe to Date?
While it might seem that online dating safety tips are the hot topic for discussion these days, are you paying attention?
The Internet is a faceless world and because of that anonymity, it can be difficult to spot someone who might not have the best intentions for a relationship – or who might be truly dangerous. You don’t have the opportunity to see their eyes or listen to their tone of voice – and honestly, you don’t really know if their name or their picture is really them.
Is online dating doomed then? Not by a long shot.
Here are some tips that you can use to make sure that you’re staying safe as you search for the right match.
- Don’t give out personal information (address, last name, workplace)
- Don’t meet up with someone too quickly
- When you do choose to meet up in person, have a friend come with you or choose a public place
- If you feel like something’s wrong, it probably is – discontinue talking to the person
- Don’t believe everything you see/hear
- When you feel that you are being harassed, let the online dating site monitors know – they can alert other members
- Establish a long running communication with a person before you decide to meet up – become friends first and then decide if you trust them enough to take it to the next level
- Be honest in your profile – don’t write things that you don’t meet (you can attract the wrong person!)
While this might all seem like common sense, the faceless nature of the Internet can make everyone seem like a great person, but this isn’t necessarily the case.
When in doubt, be safe first. There are plenty of honest people who go to online dating sites; you just have to be patient and find them.https://blog.datingwise.com/24/safe-to-date/SafetyAnonymous,Dangers,Harassment,Internet,Online Safety,Photo,TrustWhile it might seem that online dating safety tips are the hot topic for discussion these days, are you paying attention? The Internet is a faceless world and because of that anonymity, it can be difficult to spot someone who might not have the best intentions for a relationship -...taraTara Milleradmin@datingwise.comAdministratorDating and Relationship Advice