Creating a Long Distance Relationship That Works
Long distance relationships used to be rather rare. After all, you used to simply date those who were in your zip code because it was easier, it was more convenient, and that’s who you knew.
But in today’s world of electronic communication and better transportation, things are changing. We meet people who aren’t in our city and we begin relationships with those in other parts of the country.
The only question is – can these relationships work? Yes, yes they can. Here’s how:
- Be clear about what you want – If you just want someone to date, that’s fine, but if you’re looking for a long term partner, you need to say so up front. Having conflicting ideas about where the relationship is headed is an easy way to create a long distance disaster.
- Communicate often – This is a time when communication is easier than ever. So, make sure to talk often and to talk about things other than what you did today.
- Visit each other – You can’t build and sustain a relationship on emails and instant messaging alone. You need to both be willing to visit each other until you make a decision to break up or move into one location together.
- Be thoughtful – Since you’re not in each other’s lives on a daily basis, you will want to make sure you are being extra thoughtful about special occasions.
- Be honest – When you feel as though things aren’t working out, let the other person know, try to work things out, and if it’s still not working, be honest about it.
Long distance relationships don’t last forever, as someone always moves in the end when they work out. So, to make sure yours goes the distance, follow this advice.https://blog.datingwise.com/182/creating-a-long-distance-relationship-that-works/Dating EssentialsCommunication,Compatibility,Foreign,Long Distance RelationshipLong distance relationships used to be rather rare. After all, you used to simply date those who were in your zip code because it was easier, it was more convenient, and that's who you knew. But in today's world of electronic communication and better transportation, things are changing. ...taraTara Milleradmin@datingwise.comAdministratorDating and Relationship Advice