Aiming for a Second Date
When we meet someone we really like, the focus is often on getting a first date. Once you go on that date, the relationship either goes further or it usually ends pretty abruptly. So, how do you handle a first date in order to make it more likely you’ll get a second? Here are seven things you should do if you’re really interested in getting that second date.
- Plan something to do – A first date activity makes both of you feel comfortable and gives you an automatic topic of conversation. Skip the cocktails idea for something more engaging.
- Don’t expect too much – This date should be about getting to know each other and nothing more.
- Be yourself – Don’t try to impress your date. Just look for common ground and enjoy yourself.
- Keep it short – It’s much better to have a short first date that leaves both of you more interested, than to have such a long evening that you run out of things to say.
- If you’re interested, let them know – If you had a good time and would like to see them again, say so. Just don’t be a clingon.
- Nothing more than a kiss. No matter how much fun you both had, anything more physical than a kiss risks putting the other person off.
- Ask them out. Don’t assume that the other person will take the lead. If you want to go out again, and you’re pretty sure the other person had a good time, too, it’s ok to ask at the end of the date. Or, call in a day or two.
Getting a second date should only be your goal, of course, if you really see a connection that at least leads you to believe that you’d have fun again. But, if you see that connection; don’t hesitate.https://blog.datingwise.com/1161/aiming-for-a-second-date/Dating EssentialsFirst Dates,Relationships,Self ConfidenceWhen we meet someone we really like, the focus is often on getting a first date. Once you go on that date, the relationship either goes further or it usually ends pretty abruptly. So, how do you handle a first date in order to make it more likely you'll...taraTara Milleradmin@datingwise.comAdministratorDating and Relationship Advice