Online Dating Profile: What Not to Include – Men Seeking Women
Your online dating profile is your first cyber impression. You want it to encourage women to connect with you. Therefore, knowing what not to include in your profile is just as important as knowing what you should include. The tips in this article may help.
- Resist the urge to talk about sex. Even if you’d like to let women know that sex is not a priority, try not to mention it. Talking about sex is important in relationships, but generally doesn’t go over well in cyberspace or during an initial contact.
- Don’t reveal that you are just getting out of a relationship. This may send the message that you’re emotionally unavailable. Women who read through dating profiles may indeed be willing to take a chance on love. However, they also need to know they’ll be valued for who they are and not a band-aid for your broken heart.
- Limit generic descriptions of yourself. If you can think of at least one other man who fits your profile description, then you need to beef it up a bit. Women want to know what makes you different.
- Refrain from talking about your financial status (even if you make a lot of money). Women might conclude that you define your self-worth by how much you make. This can be a big red flag for a lot of women.
- Fight the urge to include a web camera or cell phone picture of yourself (e.g. the ones where you appear distorted while holding the camera or cell phone). A professional photo is not necessary, but at least get someone else to take a more flattering picture of you.
While there is no guarantee that these tips will get you hundreds of potential dates, following them may help your profile stand out above others out there.
http://blog.datingwise.com/1278/online-dating-profile-what-not-to-include/Personal ProfilesFirst Impression,Personal Profiles,PhotosYour online dating profile is your first cyber impression. You want it to encourage women to connect with you. Therefore, knowing what not to include in your profile is just as important as knowing what you should include. The tips in this article may help. Resist the urge to...taraTara Milleradmin@datingwise.comAdministratorDating and Relationship Advice