Top 5 Worst Reasons to Date Somebody
Most of the time I write about the positives in dating, but today I’m going to talk about the negative. You know, those dates you never should have gone on in the first place. Here are the top five worst reasons to date somebody.
- Looks. Ok, we’ve all done this. And, sometimes it works out well because, as luck would have it, we find we have lots in common with the walking Ken or Barbie. But, when that happens, it is just that: luck. Beauty fades quickly when you find you have nothing in common.
- They seemed just like your ex – This one will disappoint you every time. Get over your ex – don’t try to replace him or her.
- They are your best friend’s ex – Ok, so maybe you’re not going out with them because they’re your best friend’s ex, but your friend has said that they don’t care. Unless they dated this person years ago and have gone on to find the love of their life since then, they don’t mean it when they say it’s ok. You’re risking a friendship on this one.
- Dating your boss – In many companies, it’s against policy and will get you fired. But, even if it isn’t technically against the rules; it’s a bad idea. You’ll make enemies of your coworkers, and be in a very bad spot if it doesn’t work out.
- Dating a subordinate – Just like dating your boss, dating someone who reports to you at work is asking for trouble. And, if you break up with them, and they happen to be vindictive; you could be looking at a sexual harassment charge.